Allyson Felix Field

January 18, 2023

Dear Trojan Community,

I’m writing to share some wonderful news: we are naming the landmark athletic field located at Katherine B. Loker Track Stadium after one of our most illustrious Trojans – Allyson Felix (USC Rossier Class of ’08, Hon. Doctor of Humane Letters ’22).

Allyson represents the Trojan spirit so beautifully – she is fearless, tenacious, and accomplished. In her commencement address last year, she motivated us to believe we have the power to create change. The world knows her as the most decorated U.S. track and field athlete in Olympic history. She is also an entrepreneur and a staunch advocate for women’s rights, maternal health, and labor reform.  

When I spoke with Allyson about designating the field in her honor, she shared with me her love of her alma mater, her deep family connection with USC as a legacy, and her desire to support the aspirations of today’s students.

Allyson Felix Field, at the heart of our University Park Campus, will continue as a treasured hub for our women’s and men’s track and field teams and a prized venue for ROTC, the Trojan Marching Band, and countless recreational sports.

I am grateful to the Board of Trustees and to the naming committee for their support of this important designation. Allyson’s personal story is inspiring, and I think you will be moved by her own words about what this naming means to her.

My hope is that students playing on Allyson Felix Field – or just walking by – will see her name prominently displayed and be curious to learn more about her talent, grit, and generosity.

Sincerely,

Carol L. Folt
President